Friday, August 14, 2009

Semi Final and Sick Recovery

This past week or so has been pretty uneventful for me minus getting pretty sick and trying to deal with that. About a week ago I came down pretty sick. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the flu but was just floored by a cold. I struggled so much that I was unable to play in our first semifinal game last weekend. That was real tough to take but it turned out great for the team and me. Even tho I wasn't playing the team played an unbelievable game and were able to come away with a big road win. This definitely lifted my spirits as I would have been feeling even worse if we had lost and I knew that I wasn't able to help my guys out. That gives us a slight edge this weekend, but still know that it's going to be a very tough task and we'll have to play our best. As for being sick, I'm good now. No real lingering effects. The only thing that I noticed was that my conditioning and stamina took a hit as I didn't really do anything for a week, and was practically in bed for about 3 of those days doing absolutely nothing.

Other than that there isn't really much else happening. Everything is just winding down. Simply put, I'll be on my way heading home in about 10 days or so. Crazy to think all 6 months of work and so far away is coming down to this last week of basketball. Hopefully, we'll be able to close it out right.


No comments:

Post a Comment