Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2nd Post

Let's see since the last time I posted a blog we have had four games. Lucky for us(well not lucky, well played), we had four wins as well. Prior to these past 2 weeks we only had one weekend where we had back to back games on following days, and a couple times last year when had them they turned out to be easy games for us. This wasn't the case in these past two weeks. These games were serious, all out battles. Guys were getting shoved and thrown all over the place. Just ridiculously physical. A lot of that is due to our opponents. Three out of the four teams had some legit size up and down the roster. I spent a lot of time guarding guys much bigger than me. This has often been the case over these past two seasons as we usually play three guards while others typically play 2 and then a small forward(who isn't so small compared to me at 6'2") but this time it was even more. For three games in a row I was playing guys that had about 5 inches on me and a further 25 plus pounds. With that said tho I think I did a good job and everybody around me did good helping.

Prior to these games we had fallen from top spot in the league after a couple losses. After these four wins (5 in a row overall) we moved back on top of the ladder and defeated the team that had replaced us for a time. So all in all it has been a very good two weeks.

Outside of basketball, there wasn't a whole lot going on. It's getting to be that time of the season where I'm just really trying to stay focused and prepared for the latter half of the season. A lot of my time is left for basketball, and there is nothing wrong with that, just that there isn't anything really different to tell. Am looking forward to only having one game this weekend and hopefully that will leave some time to do something on Friday night. Ben and I have talked about going down to the port city of Fremantle where they have a very old and now non functioning prison. Apparently, there are some really cool tours that can be taken and made more interesting and creepy by doing so at night. That may be something interesting to check out.

Several weeks ago I got to check out the Red Bull Air Race while it was in its Perth stop of the tour. Don't know if you are at all familiar with this, but its acrobatic planes racing thru gates set up along the water. I have seen it on tv several times before from cities all across the world, so I thought it was cool that in was in Perth while I was here. Was definitely a fun afternoon and pretty interesting to see these planes zipping thru these inflatable gates. I think I got some pictures so like at Rottnest I'll try to get some of these up soon.

Alright, hope everybody is enjoying that summer weather on the horizon, know I'm missing that. It's getting a lil cooler here, still very pleasant, but can't go sit on the beach anymore. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment